Monday, May 18, 2009

The Restoration Begins....

Before






I dug right in and the first to go was the original carpeting. It had shown years of wear and the smell had reflected that. The floor in itself was soft and crowned in spots so some new underlayment took care of that.  Replacing the carpet was somewhat of a breeze to me, as my old upholstery skills were put to the test in making certain cuts to the carpet.  In all, I lost about an inch and a half of headroom which did not effect me, but would someone over 5'10".






Ahhh.....the smell of new carpet!  Now it is starting to take on a whole new feeling inside. Out with the old...and in with the new!

With the carpet in,  I moved on to the detailing of every nook and cranny.  This is where my OCD kicked in and I couldn't be happier having the coach look as good as new, once again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment