Monday, June 14, 2010

My Surprise!

Now that the roof is nice and shiny and my arms are healing from the intense abuse.  I focus my attention on the front wheels.  Oh, those ugly wheels.  What to do?  I decide to pull the hubcaps off to see what is behind them.  I am assuming they are the old steel wheels and nothing more.

Off it comes, with the years of dirt and grime.  What I reveal, and to my amazement, is a beauty that has been sleeping behind that old hubcap.


I take a rag and begin to wipe away the years of travel this old wheel has endured.  I am like a kid on Christmas morning as I jump up and down with excitement!  I cannot believe what stands before me! The original 1985 Chrome Wheel!  Hidden beneath an old ugly hub cap!  I am now scrubbing with joy 
and can't wait for the results.  

As luck would have it all that grime actually saved the rim from rust!
What a beautiful find!



No comments:

Post a Comment