Saturday, September 4, 2010

Hurricane Earl


With the threat of high winds and Earl making it's way closer, I decided to take my son and the RV to a safer place which turned out to be Lynchburg, Va where his grandparents live.  With such a short notice, and it being a Labor Day weekend, all the campgrounds were obviously booked.   So, I parked the RV in their driveway and stayed a couple of days, enjoying their company.  I returned solo with anticipation in seeing if we had incurred any damage, leaving behind my son to enjoy the rest of his visit.  This was the first time I had driven alone for this many miles.  It was nice, but lonely in the sense of not being able to share what I have seen with each passing mile.  Thankfully, there was no damage to report and it had seemed that Earl had turned into a girl and went out to sea.  

1 comment: