Thursday, August 12, 2010

To Pennsylvania

We left out bright and early for our next destination of Hershey Highmeadow Campground in Hershey, Pa.  Yes, this time I did make reservations!  The trip took us the better part of the day since we traveled all the back roads to get there.  We drove along my father's old truck routes which he had taken so many times before and it was warming to me, to hear him reminisce about those days as we traveled through the winding hilly roads which overlooked the Amish farms and fields.  The history that abounds on every turn is beautiful for the eye to see.  I cannot wait to take this same route next summer, hopefully once again, with my father.

We had arrived later in the day only to find the rain had moved in.  Soggy & dampness surrounded the campground as people were running quickly to set up camp.  Although having the misfortune of the rain, my fellow campers still smiled and waved.  There was no fire that night but I did get an invite, to a warm and blazing fire that was roaring near our site.  My son & his new friend watched a movie that was playing on the side of a barn.  And when they returned they were greeted with smores.  I have camped at this park before and I have to say it is one of my favorites.  With the free shuttle bus to Hershey Park & Chocolate World  it is a bonus for on those days it does rain.  We ended up staying two days and had combined a visit with my Mom since she lives in Hershey.  And yes, you can smell the Chocolate that floats through the air, in amazing Hershey, PA.

No comments:

Post a Comment