Friday, May 28, 2010

Upper Bunk Cleanup

Before
Moving on to the Upper Bunk I had come to the decision of painting the fiberglass since it would give it more of a fresh, clean line look.  I began by sanding & scraping all the old fiberglass and was very careful not to get too out of hand in the sanding process.  This took no time in doing but left quite a mess of fiberglass dust behind.  I then removed all the old caulking and replaced with new.  I originally had the carpet butt right up under the windows.  But my common sense told me to remove it and paint it instead in preparation for the potential leaks that may occur in the not to distant future.


With the three coats of paint it sure had brightened the bunk considerably.  With some finishing touches that need to be done on the paint, I now need to custom make and install the curtain rod tracks and this project should be a done deal.  Moving on to the next project.....

No comments:

Post a Comment